Social Pension for Indigent Senior Citizens is the government’s assistance towards the elderly in line with the fulfillment of the obligation of the government to protect the most vulnerable sector though social protection and for the full implementation of the Republic Act No. 9444. The Social Pension is implemented to improve the living condition of the eligible indigent senior citizens, and to augment capacity of indigent senior citizens to meet their daily subsistence and medical requirements, and to reduce incidence of hunger among indigent senior citizens and protect indigent senior citizens from neglect, abuse, or deprivation.
Indigent senior citizens shall be entitled to the monthly stipend of Five Hundred Pesos (Php500.00) to augment their daily subsistence and other medical needs of senior citizens.
The Social Pension for Indigent Senior Citizens is implemented nationwide and considers the following priorities, taking into consideration the following conditions and eligibility criteria of senior citizens and subject to he availability of funds.
- First Priority – 80 years old and above
- Second Priority – 70-79 years old
- Third Priority – 65 – 69 years old
- Economic Status
- Economic Status is determined by the local social welfare and development based in city or municipal halls
- Should not be receiving any pension from the GSIS, SSS or AFPMBAI and other insurance company
- Without permanent source of income, or regular support from his/her relatives to meet his/her basic needs as determined by the Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs and Senior Citizen Organizations
Senior citizens may visit their local social welfare and development office to determine qualification for the Program.